Biotech-KISAN (Krishi Innovation Science Application Network) Scheme
1. It aims to empower small- and women- farmers with science implementation.
2. It is launched by of Department of Biotechnology (DBT).
Features of Biotech-KISAN:
1. It is for farmers.
2. It is by farmers- developed in consultation with the farmers)
3. It empower small- and women- farmers.
4. It is based on ‘a hub-and spoke model’
5. It stimulates entrepreneurship and innovation in farmers.
6. It is ‘Pan India’ programme.
7. It disseminates best/good agriculture practises (GAP).
8. It will connect farmers, scientist and science institution across country
9. The fellowship will be given to women farmers for training and education in farm practice.